Some people are all wet when it comes to selling a mix trailer!
There are equipment sales people who will say anything to make lemons sound like lemonade. One of the latest ploys is to suggest that water on a mixing trailer is a great idea. At first look, it seems reasonable to offer water on a mixing trailer. But consider these facts from the past 30-years of trailer-based ready mix sales:
1. You are making a profit from selling concrete not water.
2. Less than 3% of job-sites have no water available.
3. You have 7000# in carrying capacity, so use every pound for profit.
4. Water can cost you up to $15.00 in lost concrete payload on every sale.
5. You are liable for overloading a customer’s trailer with either water or concrete.
6. A good cleaning deposit policy will return trailers clean without on-board water.
7. 5-Sack concrete weights 142 lbs per cubic foot or 3834 lbs per cubic yard.
For your peace of mind we suggest that you do two things before you purchase a mixing trailer:
1. Demand to see a certified weight certificate with all holding tanks full of fluids, including hydraulic oil and water. This information and coupled with the GVWR of the trailer, will tell you the legal concrete payload. Payload = Profit!
2. Call a user of both styles of trailers, one with on-board water and one without. We are happy to give you some names and phone numbers of people from various locations around the country that have had experience with both.
Cart-Away Concrete Systems has been supplying trailers to successful concrete operations for 15-years. Our team members have run successful building material companies that use these concrete trailers. We KNOW the business and have a vested interest in your success. This is why we boldly proclaim that anyone who claims that you need on-board water is ALL WET!