- The Cart-Away 1-yard towable concrete mixer has been the mainstay of mid-sized concrete mixers since the early 1990’s. These towable mixers have delivered over a million cubic yards of fresh, high-quality concrete all around North America. They are easy to tow with a full-sized pick-up or SUV and rotate and tilt to dispense the concrete for your projects. Towable concrete mixers are used by contractors, municipalities and do-it-yourselfers to save on short-load fees and wasted time.
Towable Concrete Mixer Specifications
- Hydraulic surge brakes (electric brake option)
- Tires are Load Range C, ST 205/75 DT 15 rated at 1,820 pounds per tire
- Empty weight 2,440 lbs
- 7000 GVWR or 1 cubic yard capacity
- Precision rotating drum
- 11 hp Honda Engine
- Auburn Heavy Duty Gearbox
- Ross hydraulic motor w/crossport relief
- 4 wheel free-backing brakes
- Vari-height adjustable tongue
- Standard 2” ball or optional pintel
- GearSaver Knob for gearbox safety
- Dimensions 15’4” L x 5’7” W x 6’10” H
- Tandem 3500 lb. axles
- D.O.T. Approved lights
- Uni-body hydraulic valve
- Tubular A36 structural steel frame
- Plastic Tandemflex fenders
Towable concrete mixer features
A Single-Axis Rotating Drum is essential for a mixing drum that will not spin itself to destruction. No other feature is important if the drum does not spin straight!
Precision Drum Parts are fitted with jigs exclusive to Cart-Away that allow our technicians to prepare the drum for welding
Cross-Port Relief Valve in the Ross hydraulic motor reduces the possibility of breaking
a shaft key or destroying a gearbox. These items keep the drum spinning. A drum full of concrete that is not spinning is a recipe for disaster!
This towable concrete mixer has a one cubic yard “over the road” capacity, because of the dual axle load-rating. If you are loading the mixer and not towing it on the road, it has a 1.5 cubic yard “on-site” mixing capacity. Many customers use the Cart-Away LoadPro on a jobsite to increase their mixing efficiency. Each Cart-Away towable concrete mixer uses hydraulic mix, tilt, and discharge rotation.
The large internal mixing blades provide consistently mixed concrete, and the operator controls are placed at rear of unit where loading and
discharging take place. Everything about the towable mixer is designed to be efficient and easy to maintain so that you can save money and get the job done quickly.
For more information:
CMT-100 PDF file